The Return of Materials Authorization (RMA) service supports the return and/or replacement of products originally purchased from GST. Your account with GST must be current and in good standing.
If you want to repair a current item purchased through GST, please complete a GST Service Request ticket at GST Service Request Form.
Return Orders Information
Submit a return request online.
To request a return, you will need to provide the following information:
- Purchase Order Number
- Manufacturer, Manufacturer Part #, Serial #, Quantity
- Reason for Return (wrong item received, ordered wrong, refuse shipment, dead-on-arrival (DOA), defective, other)
- Is item sealed (yes/no)
- Is item in original packaging (yes/no)
- Are all accessories included (yes/no)
- Are there marking on the box (yes/no)
- Return type request (replacement, refund, other)
- Please attach photos
- Additional notes
Once the return request is submitted, a Return ID# (RID) will be provided for you to reference. The Return ID# is NOT the approval for return. Upon successful approval of a return request, GST will provide an approved RMA #.
Basic Returns Guidelines
All product returns must meet GST’s or manufacturer’s return policies in order for GST to issue an approved RMA #.
IF GST DOES NOT HAVE RETURN RIGHTS TO THE MANUFACTURER, THE PRODUCT IS NON-RETURNABLE.
GST allows Customer returns based on the return policies of the original product manufacturer or supplier.
GST only accepts the return of products that are within THIRTY (30) DAYS from the date of GST’s shipped date AND meets the return policies of the original product manufacturer or supplier. In addition, GST only accepts the return of products that fall within one of these categories:
- Factory Sealed: (in fully resellable condition – i.e. no stickers, no markings on the box, etc.)
- Defective or Dead-on-Arrival (DOA)
- Open and Non-Defective: Products must be in resalable condition, complete and unused, outer seal must not have been opened or re-taped, and original packaging kept.
Customers must notify GST of any damaged products within seven (7) days of receipt.
All eligible returns will receive a credit that will be issued at current pricing or original purchase price, whichever is lower. GST may add any fees assessed by the manufacturer/supplier.
Products Returned Without an Approved RMA #: Products not authorized for return shall be defined as an “unauthorized return”. Unauthorized returns may be returned to you at your expense or GST may, in its sole discretion, issue a credit for the current price or the cost of goods less a 30 percent handling fee. GST will not be liable for any loss or damage to unauthorized returns.
Custom Orders/Products Returns Not Allowed: All orders that require configuration or assembly of products to meet customer specifications or any product identified by GST are non-cancelable and may not be returned to GST. The customer is responsible for the full payment of the order once a purchase order has been sent to GST.
End-of-Life Products: Items that are end-of-life, discontinued, or obsolete are not eligible for return.
Refusal of Orders: Refused orders may be subject to a cancellation fee. Call GST at 800-833-0128 or the Sales Account Team before refusing any shipment. Failure to call may result in credit refusal, and products will be returned to you at your expense.
Returns Shipping Guidelines
If the return request is approved, GST will provide an approved RMA #, specific return instructions, and return address. Please include the approved GST RMA# on the shipping label.
If an approved RMA has not been returned by the specified date, the RMA will expire and will no longer be valid. Additional fees may apply.
For GST to process your return in a timely manner, please review the information and follow the procedures outlined below:
- Use the original manufacturers’ boxes and packaging.
- Carefully package all returns to prevent damage in transit. Any damage in transit will be responsible by the customer.
- All returns must have the approved RMA# printed on the return shipping label
- Do not write addresses or return order numbers on the outside of the original boxes.
- Products must be in resalable condition to receive credit.
- All returns must be unused and include all components, accessories, cables, software and manuals in the original shipment.
- GST does not provide call tags or shipping labels for returns unless it is a GST Error.
Factory Sealed Product Returns
Provided GST has return rights with its manufacturers/suppliers, GST will accept the return of Factory Sealed Product Returns products as long as they are returned within THIRTY (30) DAYS from GST’s shipped date.
To qualify for sealed product returns, products must be in resalable condition in new, clean (without stickers, markings or other attachments), unopened, undamaged, original manufacturer packaging. All products must be returned with all original components, accessories, software, manuals and registration cards.
Non-Compliant Factory Sealed Returns: All factory sealed returns that are not received in resalable condition may be subject to a restocking fee are returned to you at your expense.
Discontinued/Obsolete Products: Manufacturers reserve the right to limit factory sealed returns on discontinued, end-of-life, or obsolete items.
Dead-On-Arrival (DOA) / Defective Returns
Provided GST has return rights with its manufacturers/suppliers, GST will accept the return of products within THIRTY (30) DAYS from GST’s shipped date.
Products that are inoperable at first use are eligible for a DOA return depending upon the manufacturer’s returns policy. Certain manufacturers may require that all DOA and defective products be returned directly to them, or they may limit the return time frame after purchase.
- Manufacturer returns policies are subject to change without notice.
- In accordance with manufacturer policies. All original packaging, components, accessories, software and manuals must be included with returned DOA and defective products.
- DOA and defective products returned incomplete may be assessed a charge for the missing items or returned to you at your expense.
Technical Support: When necessary, our Technical Support department will assist you in reviewing the manufacturer’s installation procedure to rule out incompatibility. Often, by offering expert technical information, they can help you avoid the time and expense of returning a product. This service may be available to you with a small fee.
Freight Damage/Shortage Guidelines
In order for GST to process your Freight Damage/Shortage claim quickly and efficiently, please ensure that the following actions are taken at the time of delivery:
- Please inspect the condition of the package(s).
- Verify quantity and check that the part numbers are correct.
- Damages and quantity discrepancies must be notated on the delivery receipt.
- If shipped via customer carrier account or designated carrier, please contact the carrier directly to resolve the issue.
Signing for delivery clearly indicates that there are no discrepancies with your shipment.
To report damages or quantity discrepancies:
- Please contact the GST RMA immediately at 800-833-0128 or your GST Account Team.
- Damages require pictures of all 6 sides of the box or carton upon submitting your claim.
- Please ensure you have marked the proof-of-deliver (POD) “short” or “damaged”. If the shrink wrap is not intact, please also notate that on the POD. LTL shipments received short or damaged must be notated on the POD at the time of signing.
- For small parcel or LTL shipments, all damages and shortages must be reported within 2 business days including the date of delivery to report the claim by contacting GST Customer Care team at 800-833-0128.
- Provide GST Customer Care with condition of the product, pictures of both the box and the product if damaged, tracking number, and contact name and phone number where package is located. (Address must be the same as the address where the product was delivered or the claim is no longer valid and will be denied.)
- The carrier should inspect and/or pick up the damaged package, leave a call tag, pick up receipt and return the product back to GST within 3 business days. Please keep this receipt for your records in case the product is not returned to GST.
- In the event that the inspection does not take place, your product is not picked up, or you have not received an email label/call tag within 2 business days of your initial call, please contact GST Customer Care at 800-833-0128.
- Please be advised that if all of the above criteria are met, there is no guarantee that the claim will be approved. The above guidelines are to prove that the carrier has mishandled your freight and will be held responsible.
GST RMA Validation and Final Approval
Upon receipt of products for an approved RMA, GST will list which products were received, typically within 2 business days of the packages being delivered to GST. GST will verify the condition of the product, accessories/components, software/manuals, integrity of the boxes, and other items.
GST receives the right to deny the approved RMA or apply any fees if the returned items do not meet manufacturer’s or GST’s return policy.
GST will issue a credit within 30 days of verifying the condition of the return product.